What is Canvas?
Canvas by Instructure is a Learning Management System with a wide range of uses.
Do you use any of these resources in your classroom?
- Google Docs
- Youtube, eMedia, Khan Academy and more
- Discussion Boards
- Group Collaborations
- Flipped Classroom
- Digital Assignments/Paperless Classroom
- Social Media
- Grading/Rubrics/Mastery Tracking
Canvas allows you to use all of the above, and more and keep it in one central place. No need to send assignments back and forth in email. Students can access it online anytime, anywhere. This works very well for students that miss class.
Let’s look at a course in use
This is a 7th grade Science Class covering multiple periods
Let’s create an account.
Go to www.instructure.com/try-canvas and sign up for the try it (demo) or build it (your own).
Verify your email
- Navigation-Across the top is global, left side is by course
- Home Page
- Assignments-Text Editor-LTI